Pages

Saturday, 25 May 2013

White On White Easel Card



Hi Everyone
... big welcome to my newest followers Inger and Heather Kate


How is your Spring bank holiday weekend going? 
I have been expecting warmer weather for ages because our boiler was
pronounced caput 5 weeks ago and since then it has been
living like in the fridge for me in our house!
Any good boiler recommendations? 
Does anyone have Worcester brand and is very happy with it?



Today I would like to share an easel card. I had no juice left in my printer 
in 3 cartridges ( and still waiting for my arm and a leg to grow back 
after my last  ink cartridge purchase .. which was not that long ago ): 
so I decided to do white on white instead because I love this kind of style too.


I started die cutting with 250gsm cardstock but soon realized that 
I needed much more heavier cardstock for the whole structure to keep its shape.
Instead I decided to use a heavy weight cardstock off cuts which I always end up with 
after I finish making boxes for my cards and never know what to do with it 
because this type of card just seems to be only good  for box making 
and even scoring it on my Hougie presents quite a tough task with the 
scoring tool being pushed to its limits! (Bendy tools... not a good idea me thinks)
I have to say the card was too thick for dies to cope with
and I had to make lots of passes with each die to get a proper cut and also to
see the embossing but it was worth it in the end because you could play footie
with it now how sturdy it is (LOL).



Here is the Easel card
 Please excuse my terrible  pictures! For some reason it shows up with
lilac tint instead of pure white! 








Here is a little close up





Dies used-Dienamics,Joy!,Marianne,Cheery Lynn,Spellbinders
MS PATP, Woodware punch


I would like to enter following challenges:


1.Papercraft Star - Challenge 146 - What Do You Find Beautiful? ( I find flowers and butterflies beautiful. Flowers always announce the Spring arriving and I love to watch for the first sign of my Spring flowers in my garden. Butterflies! They say without change there would be no butterflies! I love them for their elegance.
2.Shelly's Images - Show Us What You Got
3.Crafts 4 Eternity - R#125 - Get Into Shape
4.Unstampabelles Challenges - Ch#23- Easel Card
5.Polka Doodles-Week 21- To Die For






Thank you very much for visiting and your lovely comments
* Michaela *